brookfieldcitizens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
brookfieldcitizens

brookfield citizens unite

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg?

Go down 
+4
Smith4
brook126
APEXBUTTER
cmheine
8 posters
AuthorMessage
cmheine

How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg? Empty
PostSubject: How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg?   How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:33 pm

I see from the post this morning that they want to meet with us in a select group setting. How do we go about picking people to represent us?
Back to top Go down
APEXBUTTER

PostSubject: Re: How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg?   How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:54 pm

in my opinion we need to do this as a whole,not small meetings,I want to know what the other residents have to say and i want what i have to say to be known as well
Back to top Go down
linda pa

PostSubject: Re: How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg?   How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 12:31 am

The NJ Mentor group danced around our questions with an entire group present. I feel they will put neighbor against neighbor if they meet in a small group setting. Also, how will their answers be told to all of Brookfield in whole? Perhaps they should have one meeting with Brookfield, and a separate one with Cherry Hill Estates.
Back to top Go down
brook126

PostSubject: Re: How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg?   How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 1:48 am

Sounds like they want to "divide and conquer". We need to hold our ground, no compromises. It seems the issue keeps getting clouded with the talk of special needs children. These children are not mentally challenged or autistic, they are violent preteens. Let's not let anyone forget that.
Back to top Go down
Smith4

PostSubject: From a bleeding heart liberal, and guilt ridden Catholic   How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 2:15 am

I went to that meeting feeling that this was absolutley a done deal. I was extremley uncomfortable with the negative attitude displayed....However, that attitude and display of non polically correct behavior is the reason that this is not a done deal.

So I agree with the posters that say they want to divide and conquer us. Please don't put me or anyone like me on the team to represent us. We need people who will not stand for political mumbo jumbo, who can stand firm and continue the display that made them think twice about the wisdom of putting these kids with our kids in our schools and in any neighborhood.

The article was correct that the meeting didn't really answer any questions or quell any fears we have. I don't believe a small meeting will do that either. It will just give the politicians and business reps the oppurtunity to CONTROL the dialogue, lenghth and spirit of the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Smith4

PostSubject: just a thought   How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 2:17 am

we could arrange the meeting place, and invite the neighborhood. we have a big back yard and the meeting could end up taking place out front.
Back to top Go down
maubrown40

PostSubject: Meeting separately, in and of itself, is a bad strategy....   How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 8:13 am

However, it may be necessary. Who selects the "strong voices"? The make-up of the working/reporting group is key. People who are well spoken and uncompromisingly ON POINT at all times are necessary. Only such people must be included. Otherwise the Politicos will think that they are justified in discounting our objections and input. The CFS representative at the meeting, the Mayor's aides, the Assemblymen already think they are smarter than and morally superior to the objecting Township residents. The Mayor, Greenwald, Lampitt, the Town Council can not be permitted to choose who will heard and who speaks for Brookfield and Cherry Hill Estates. I have a very bad feeling that the aparatchiks and "elected" officials will try to force a "compromise",by allowing one of these group homes. Where will it be? The Estates or Brookfield? It should be neither. FYI the Estates already has two (2) group homes, both for truly disabled folks. We must make common cause and maintain a united front. If one loses the Township loses. No concord can be allowed that leaves ONE Development holding the bag.

The Mayor must be made to choose a side.
Each Councilperson must be made to choose a side. Where are these people?
Lampitt and Greenwald must be made to choose a side.

linda pa wrote:
The NJ Mentor group danced around our questions with an entire group present. I feel they will put neighbor against neighbor if they meet in a small group setting. Also, how will their answers be told to all of Brookfield in whole? Perhaps they should have one meeting with Brookfield, and a separate one with Cherry Hill Estates.
Back to top Go down
sc

PostSubject: Re: How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg?   How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 10:56 am

Not small meetings!!!!!
Don't give up!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jim Sche

PostSubject: The makeup of the small group is key.   How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 11:43 am

I agree with maubrown40 that the makeup of the small group is key to the success of our neighborhood stand. We need to be a united, cohesive group that understands the facts and defends our neighborhood without compromise. We are dealing with a company who has deceived us and a state department that has deceived us. Unfortunately, since the red sticker is already down, its pretty much a done deal. There is nothing that can be legally done since the commissioner has already made his decision. We need to get people who are not willing to concede that it is a done deal. If we can get anything from this group meeting it must be in a binding contract with the state, not NJ Mentor as they do not control the purse strings nor can they mandate policy. We need people who can speak clearly and concisely and WILL stay on topic. We need to drive the discussion and present what our needs, concerns and limitations are in a very organized, precise way so that they are off guard. They are starting their business in our neighborhood, at the expense of our property values, our safety and our neighborhood way of life. Not only that but they are doing it under a contract paid for by our tax dollars. We need to show them that we are the ones paying for that contract and they should not forget that.
Back to top Go down
gornowski

PostSubject: Re: How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg?   How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 10:07 pm

There will be no peace until there is peace. United We Stand. A Gornowski representative will be there. I'm still stepping, but stepping slowly. I will not give up and will be there for the entire community of Cherry Hill and for future precedence for every deserving community.
Back to top Go down
maubrown40

PostSubject: Synopsis of Cherry Hill Estates meeting, letter to officials   How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 4:03 am

[My letter was too large (5 pages) to post here.
e-mail me at rjrbrown@comcast.net and I will send you a copy.
Cort, and aide to Greenwald replied with a "thanks". NO ONE else has responded.
You should read it. The questions of MORE HOMES, CHANGES in USES OF THE HOMES, STRAINS ON THE SCHOOLS AND AN APPARENT UNWILLINGNESS OF ANYONE OF OUR"ELECTED" / SELECTED PUBLIC OFFICIALS TO FIGHT THE "LAW" are topical for anyone concerned or unaware that they too are at risk here in Our Township(?)..

[/i]
To: Ruth Bogutz, Cherry Hill Civic Association (“the Association”)

Office of the Mayor, Cherry Hill NJ

Louis Greenwald, New Jersey Assembly

Pamela Lampitt, New Jersey Assembly

Joseph Roberts, Speaker, New Jersey Assembly

Richard Codey, New Jersey Senate President

Leonard Lance, New Jersey State Senate

Diane Allen, New Jersey State Senate

John Adler, New Jersey Senate

Cherry Hill Town Council: President Frank Falcone,

Vice President N. John Amato,

Shelly Adler, Dennis Garbowski, Marlyn Kalitan, Joyce Kurzweil,

Steve Polansky

John Corzine, Governor of New Jersey

Frank Lautenberg, United Stated Senate

Robert Menendez, United States Senate

James Saxton, United States House of Representatives

Kevin Ryan, DCFS

Dr. Broderick Boxley, Joyce Kilmer Elementary

Joyce Kilmer PTA

Lisa Grzyboski, Courier Post

Michael Smerconish, Philadelphia Inquirer and 1210AM WPHT

A Meeting of homeowners and members of the Cherry Hill Estates Civic Association and New Jersey Mentor (“Mentor”) representatives and members of the State of New Jersey Department of Children and Families occurred at the Cherry Hill Public Library at 7:30PM on September 17, 2007.......
Back to top Go down
ccross

PostSubject: Re: How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg?   How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 7:03 am

Fellow Brookfield residents, please ask Mr. Richard Brown to send you his notes (see previous thread maubrown) from the Cherry Hill Estates/NJ Mentor/DFS meeting. They are informative and sobering. Even more sobering when you consider the Vision Quest dismal outcome, there is a link on this forum to articles about Vision Quest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg?   How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do we pick who should represent us in a small group mtg?
Page 1 of 1