brookfieldcitizens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
brookfieldcitizens

brookfield citizens unite

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Updates?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
maubrown40

Updates? Empty
PostSubject: Updates?   Updates? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 8:39 am

I read the posts on the Lake Villa site.
Does anyone know the circumstances surrounding (former) Commissioner Ryan's resignation?
What is the status of the home in Brookfield?
Back to top Go down
brook126

Updates? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates?   Updates? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 5:38 am

I have no news at all about the Brookfield house, I didn't even know that Commisioner Ryan resigned. What is going on in your neighborhood??
Back to top Go down
gornowski

Updates? Empty
PostSubject: Update From Neighbor at Brookfield - 2/25   Updates? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:33 am

The Dec. letter to Brookfield from Commissioner Ryan stated that "... it is ... under further evaluation..."

The latest response from my emails are from Carole Deutch-Wright (Dep. Dir., Communications, DCF) repeating my request for a final decision and stating that it remains unclear from the Dec. letter and to clarify its meaning.

Although Carole asked if and stated that Ms. DeCheser will be contacting me, I made it clear that I have not heard from her or anyone, nor do I desire again to subject myself to any further "chit chats" than has already taken place for the past 8 mos. If I misunderstood the letter, then to tell me that too. That was about 1.5 weeks ago.

I will, as in the past, follow-up.

The house remains empty.

Maureen
2/25/08
Back to top Go down
maubrown40

Updates? Empty
PostSubject: Tanforan House   Updates? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:27 am

The house has had spurts of activity since December. Some Outside work is apparent. No one appears to be living there as of yet.
I wonder are is the Estates going to be stuck with a home, alone, as the compromise and the end result of all this consideration time?
Back to top Go down
gornowski

Updates? Empty
PostSubject: Follow-Up / Trying to Get an Update   Updates? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:25 pm

March 26, 2008
11:04 A.M.

Assemblywoman Patricia Lampitt
Assemblyman Louis Greenwald
Mayor Berni Platt

cc: Ms. Carol Dortch-Wright

MayorPlatt@CHTownship.com; asmgreenwald@njleg.org; aswlampitt@njleg.org; carole.dortchwright@dcf.state.nj.us

Re: Brookfield/Cherry Hill NJMentor Group Home(s)

Dear Ms. Lampitt, Mr. Greenwald and Mayor Platt:

We are writing in hopes for an update on the status of the final decision on the Brookfield NJMentor Group Home. The 12/18/07 letter from DCF’s now resigned Commissioner Ryan is unclear. Clarification of the following statement would be helpful…”so that we can complete our evaluation of serving children in the Brookfield neighborhood.” Please see the below attached 12/20/07 letter to the Comm issioner and Ms. Dortch-Wright (copying Ms. Lampitt).

We have heard, read reports and accounts regarding the Lake Villa, Voorhees NJMentor group that leave us further deeply concerned and not surprised. Those accounts of happenings are exactly what our community has been concerned about and unfortunately our issues are now factually validated increasing the anxiety and concern of our community.

As Cherry Hill’s representatives, if you don’t have the answers, would you kindly contact the appropriate person to get an update. We would like to hear from you.

We look forward to a factual and updated response.

Thank you.

Maureen (and Bob) Gornowski
1109 W. Valleybrook Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
856-795-1460

=======================================================
Via Email

December 20, 2007

(dcf_commissioner@dcf.state.nj.us; carole.dortchwright@dcf.state.nj.us )
To :

Kevin M. Ryan, Commissioner, Department of Children and Families
and
Carole Dortch-Wright, Deputy Director, Communications and Legislation

Dear Commissioner Ryan and Ms. Dortch-Wright:

Thanks for your December 17th letter. It was some relief to have any communication from you. I am glad you followed through on your earlier guarantee to get back to me. Although the Brookfield home is not opening up at this time, I can only make my own conclusions that our residential and community due diligence, i.e. gathering of facts, information and research presented to you, put a halt on occupancy. Some criteria, protocol and codes of behavior should remain the same and not change for any group home for the safety of any child placed in a group home of this nature. Specifically, the distance between houses, green acres of land behind a residential property, pool, upper decks, parking spaces available, etcetera.

Because I have been directly affected and feel so wronged from the beginning (June/July) by old and potential new neighbors, the obvious non-care of the property/house up to and including now next door to me, my feelings remain the same for all group homes everywhere. There ought to be a set of standards for choosing a property/community.

The Brookfield Community has listened, attended, recorded and has been very responsive to your presentations; we have communicated all of our legitimate concerns, feelings, facts, and fears. I have personally avoided the media spotlight, so that I may subjectively and objectively thoroughly understand this precedent-setting issue, and how it affects my family, my neighborhood and my community. I do so with the best interest of everyone, especially keeping in mind all of the children.

With the promise that we will be hearing from a Catherine DeCheser for continuing dialogue, I honestly don’t think I have any more energy, stamina or emotion for more chit chats. At this point we would hope and expect a decision from you, Commissioner Ryan, be handed down to NJMentor suggesting they seek a property in a neighborhood where they may find a better fit, for the neighbors and for the children they serve.

Maureen (and Bob) Gornowski
1109 W. Valleybrook Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
856-795-1460

cc: Assemblywoman Pamela Lampitt aswlampitt@njleg.org
Back to top Go down
BrookfieldGirl81

Updates? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates?   Updates? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:31 am

Great letter/e-mail Maureen! Hopefully, some information will be forthcoming shortly. It really is a disgrace to leave so many people hanging in mid-air with this.....

I also cannot believe that NJ Mentor is willing to leave these properties uninhabited and not functioning. Either they are being paid by NJ State or will simply show this in between time as a tax loss. Hurry up and wait yet again!

Thanks for taking the time to write!
Back to top Go down
gornowski

Updates? Empty
PostSubject: Follow-Up to 12/20/07, 3/26/08 & 4/10/08   Updates? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 3:54 am

This is a copy of my follow-up letter/email to the Mayor's office, Assemblypersons and DCF, who then replied rather quickly stating that they forwarded it to CPAC. Amy is the Chief of Staff for Greenwald and Lampitt.

================================

Amy:

FYI: Just wanted to follow-up with you and also inform you that although you forwarded my letter to CPAC (as did Matt Toyer in Mayor Platt's office too), your response(s) were quite quick to let me know that. To date, I have not had any answers. That is why I wrote to you and the Mayor.

I am owed some kind of decision/answer from DCF or my representatives and I still await that.

Thank you.
Maureen Gornowski
4/10/08 - 12:30 p.m.

cc: Mayor Platt and Ms. Carol Dortch-Wright
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Updates? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates?   Updates? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updates?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum