brookfieldcitizens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
brookfieldcitizens

brookfield citizens unite

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Damage was done at the meeting on 8/23

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Damage was done at the meeting on 8/23 Empty
PostSubject: Damage was done at the meeting on 8/23   Damage was done at the meeting on 8/23 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 3:43 am

How do we re-build the communities spirit we spoke of at the meeting?
Back to top Go down
https://brookfieldcitizens.forumotion.com
BrookfieldGirl81

PostSubject: How do we rebuild.....   Damage was done at the meeting on 8/23 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 5:09 am

I think one positive way would be to write a "global" Letter to the Editor in the Courier-Post (typically a limit of 250 words) and specify via follow-up phone call upon submission of same that it needs to please be put in ASAP or next day if space allows.

Restate how Brookfield is a family-based, strong-knit community whose residents are (and have always been) "good neighbors"--to each other, to newcomers, etc. and a community which has always been comprised of homeowners of middle-class, hardworking people--stay-at-home mothers, nurses, teachers, policemen, firemen, truck drivers, etc. with a strong core of original or close-to-original owners that were not given the respect by whomever is responsible for the lack of notification and information to enable the residents to embrace this concept and the children who they are trying to place within this community.

As Phil Guerrieri stated to Mayor Platt last night, "this is what happens when information is not conveyed......"

Communication is vital in every aspect of life.......unfortunately, those who had the information failed to share it with the residents whom this move/situation affects the most and a lack of trust entered into the picture.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damage was done at the meeting on 8/23   Damage was done at the meeting on 8/23 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 6:27 am

Well Stated. Believe emotions got the best of some last night. At the end of the day I learnt alot more about the company, who they were trying to help, etc. I still do not agree witht he tactics they used to move in and my position has not wavered .......... but we layed it on pretty thick last night, and the newpaper made us look like we were on a Salem Witch hunt. Firmly believe some damage control action is required. The letter idea is a good one.
Back to top Go down
https://brookfieldcitizens.forumotion.com
penngrad

PostSubject: Total Recall   Damage was done at the meeting on 8/23 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 10:10 am

I also agree we need to perform damage control and retract some of the comments made last night. We need to do this quickly before we are further demonized.

http://marsprogram.jpl.nasa.gov/funzone_flash.html
Back to top Go down
sc

PostSubject: Re: Damage was done at the meeting on 8/23   Damage was done at the meeting on 8/23 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 5:07 am

I agree that the comments such as "Send them to Mars" and "Put them on the farm", that were made on Thursday meeting were totally inappropriate, and instead of showing our unity in refusing to accept those program into our neighborhood, we looked like a closed minded and egocentric individuals, and I do know that those comments came only from the few people, but now we are all seems like those few, and not only Brookfield residents, according to the posts on the Courier Post web site, all surrounding neighborhoods think that all of Cherry Hill residents are bunch of rich snobs that don't care about anything but themselves, which is sad,
And by the way, the article nearly missed our main point, that we worried about our kids and their safety.
Back to top Go down
sc

PostSubject: Re: Damage was done at the meeting on 8/23   Damage was done at the meeting on 8/23 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 5:08 am

I agree that the comments such as "Send them to Mars" and "Put them on the farm", that were made on Thursday meeting were totally inappropriate, and instead of showing our unity in refusing to accept those program into our neighborhood, we looked like a closed minded and egocentric individuals, and I do know that those comments came only from the few people, but now we are all seems like those few, and not only Brookfield residents, according to the posts on the Courier Post web site, all surrounding neighborhoods think that all of Cherry Hill residents are bunch of rich snobs that don't care about anything but themselves, which is sad,
And by the way, the article nearly missed our main point, that we worried about our kids and their safety.
Back to top Go down
cmingravera

PostSubject: Rebuilding: Closed door meeting   Damage was done at the meeting on 8/23 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 11:50 pm

May I suggest that we have a closed door (no press, no politicians) meeting, to be held in a classroom, hall, church basement, etc., to discuss amicably what to do next?

1-Strategize on how to organize if the group home will still be moving to W.Valleybrook.

2-What collective steps do you we take if there are incidents @ the home?

3-To candidly, but respectfully air out any different feelings.

4- Potential overtures to the group home?

5- Start a Brookfield association?

We need to come together as a community to dispel this perception others have of Brookfield’s exclusivity, snobbishness and a lack of compassion for the less fortunate.

We are all concerned for the well being of our families, friends and the community.

If we agree, PLEASE, let us not let these private meetings get out of control…….
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damage was done at the meeting on 8/23   Damage was done at the meeting on 8/23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Damage was done at the meeting on 8/23
Page 1 of 1