brookfieldcitizens

brookfield citizens unite

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

MEETING SET=TUES.,SEPT.25th-7PM@Mentor Offices in Mt. Laurel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gornowski

PostSubject: MEETING SET=TUES.,SEPT.25th-7PM@Mentor Offices in Mt. Laurel   Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:26 am

M E E T I N G
THIS TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25th, at 7:00 P.M.
NJMentor Offices
2000 Crawford Place, Suite 700, Mt. Laurel
WITH:
The Director Of the COMMISSIONERíS OFFICE
Carole Dortch-Wright, Deputy Director, State of NJ, Children & Families
Nadezhda Robinson, Ph.D, NJ Dept of Children and Family Services
GREENWALD & LAMPITT
Cherry Hillís Assemblyman and Assemblywoman
NJMentor Representative(s)
A N D
25 REPRESENTATIVES OF OUR COMMUNITY
(15 OF WHICH ARE CLOSE PROXIMITY NEIGHBORS)
THAT LEAVES 10 TO REPRESENT / SPEAK ON CHERRY HILL / BROOKFIELD CITIZENS

========================
Speaking for Cherry Hill Citizens behalf so far are:
Jay Heine
Jim Scheiner
Andy Behrend
Carlos Ingravera
[more to be added]
======================
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ADDED,
POST YOUR RESEARCH / EXPERTISE / OR GET IN TOUCH WITH ONE OF THE ABOVE NEIGHBORS
==================
THERE WILL BE AN INFORMATION TABLE SET UP BETWEEN 1109 and 1111 W. VALLEYBROOK ROAD
ALL WEEKEND FOR ANYONE TO GET INFO., TO
STEP UP, TO READ, TO ADD TO, TO VOLUNTEER AND FOLLOW THROUGH WITH ANY SUGGESTED OPTIONS THAT MAY HELP OUR CAUSE
====================
WE DON'T HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS -- Y E T
cheers TOGETHER, THOUGH, THEY WILL LISTEN cheers
AND WE WILL BE HEARD
affraid
==================
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MEETING SET=TUES.,SEPT.25th-7PM@Mentor Offices in Mt. Laurel   Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:38 pm

Need to establish and hold to an agenda BEFORE the meeting to fully understand the issues they wish to talk about. Another free form meeting will bring us nowhere, and alow them to create conflict. These folks are skilled negotiators, highly educated, and understand how to debate and work a crowd. An agenda will help everyone stay on point and ensure we get what we want answered - not what NJ Mentor wants us to hear. Emotions must remain in check, we must fight with valid points of contention with amplifying backup material. Some sugestions:

- Opening remarks from the host and government officials
- Opening remarks/statement from one member of our community

Issues
- Safety of Brookfiled residents and NJ Mentor children
- Quailification of staff running the home (point to the police metric 17%)
- School impacts, is this the best solution
- Traffic concerns (it already has become an issue)
etc.

Close with a strong statement on the Brookfield resident's position and state that we have confidence that our elected officials will make the best decison for the Brookfield community and stand behind us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://brookfieldcitizens.forumotion.com
brook126

PostSubject: Re: MEETING SET=TUES.,SEPT.25th-7PM@Mentor Offices in Mt. Laurel   Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:15 am

Unfortunately, I'm not as sure as you that our elected officials will stand behind us. I believe that the only closing statement should be that we are unwilling to accept this type of group home in our neighborhood. Period.
Lynda Markel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sc

PostSubject: Re: MEETING SET=TUES.,SEPT.25th-7PM@Mentor Offices in Mt. Laurel   Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:54 pm

I agree with LInda, especially after reading the summary of the Cherry Hill estates associates meeting with Mentors reps.
I think this IS THE ONLY WAY, SINCE THEY WILL DO WHATEVER THEY WANT AS SOON AS THEY ARE IN, SO OUR ONLY CHANCE IS TO SHOW THEM THAT WE WON'T ACCEPT THIS HOUSE NOW AND IN THE FUTURE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmingravera

PostSubject: MEETING SET=TUES.,SEPT.25th-7PM@Mentor Offices in Mt. Laurel   Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:16 pm

Good Morning:

I would like to offer my spot as a speaker to Alex and Lana Schehet (hope I correctly spelled your last name).

Your voice would speak volumes on this extremely important issue.

My wife and I will be there to lend our support and collective voice in this struggle...

Esther and Carlos M. Ingravera
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmingravera

PostSubject: MEETING SET=TUES.,SEPT.25th-7PM@Mentor Offices in Mt. Laurel   Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:17 pm

Good Morning:

I would like to offer my spot as a speaker to Alex and Lana Schehet (hope I correctly spelled your last name).

My wife and I will be there to lend our support and collective voice in this struggle...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmingravera

PostSubject: MEETING SET=TUES.,SEPT.25th-7PM@Mentor Offices in Mt. Laurel   Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:17 pm

Good Morning:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ccross

PostSubject: Re: MEETING SET=TUES.,SEPT.25th-7PM@Mentor Offices in Mt. Laurel   Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:34 pm

Has everyone read the minutes of the meeting between Mentor, DFS and Cherry Hill Estates that took place on 9/17? I will email to anyone who wants.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ccross

PostSubject: Re: MEETING SET=TUES.,SEPT.25th-7PM@Mentor Offices in Mt. Laurel   Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:36 pm

Sorry, I see that someone posted the Cherry Hill Estates meeting minutes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smith4

PostSubject: Re: MEETING SET=TUES.,SEPT.25th-7PM@Mentor Offices in Mt. Laurel   Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:48 pm

I would like to be present, Nannette Smith.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sc

PostSubject: Re: MEETING SET=TUES.,SEPT.25th-7PM@Mentor Offices in Mt. Laurel   Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:58 am

Thank you, Carlos.
I don't mind speaking at the meeting; however, I think our strenght is not in the number of speakers, but in the message we present to the Mentors and in the number of community members supporting this message.(unfortunately we can't present more that 25 members at this meeting).
I think that Jay.H. will be our best bet, remember his speech at Township meeting?
He expressed our opinion in a very clear and informant way, I think this is exactly the way they should hear from us: That we don't wan't such home here.
Repetitive speeches won't do us any good, remember, the more people speak the less focused Mentors will be on what is important to us, and what important is ONE THING-NO SUCH HOME IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD.
Lana Chehet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MEETING SET=TUES.,SEPT.25th-7PM@Mentor Offices in Mt. Laurel   

Back to top Go down

MEETING SET=TUES.,SEPT.25th-7PM@Mentor Offices in Mt. Laurel
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1