brookfieldcitizens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
brookfieldcitizens

brookfield citizens unite

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Request for small group meeting made

Go down 
+2
jim.scheiner
ccross
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jim Sche

Request for small group meeting made Empty
PostSubject: Request for small group meeting made   Request for small group meeting made Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 11:24 am

I was called today by Ted Ericson of NJ Mentor to set up a meeting between 3 Mentor reporesentatives, 2 Department of Children and Families representatives and about 12 people from the neighborhood. They do not want any press coverage of the meeting. The dates they recommended to fit their schedule are Sept 11, 14, 17,20 or 21, although they are flexible. I would like to get a group of people together to attend this meeting. If we can meet on Sunday afternoon that will be my best chance this week. Please e-mail me or reply to this post if you feel that you can provide serious help for this meeting. Yelling and screaming will not accomplish anything.

I am very disappointed that the red sticker is down. I was under the impression that the Commissioner for DCF was to speak with us before the red sticker came down. I will be calling the mayor tomorrow to see what is going on, since he relayed the information about the meeting to me. His hands are tied since the state is involved. I will inform him that NJ Mentor, not the state, requested the meeting. I will also ask if we might get some of the township attorney's time to see what options we have and whether we can get a contract to mandate what clientele may use the group home. We need to get some work done prior to this small group meeting. I feel that the Gornowskis and Chechets should be part of the small group meeting as they are next door neighbors. Please contact me with your intent and what you can bring to the table to support our cause.
Back to top Go down
ccross

PostSubject: Request for Small Group Meeting made   Request for small group meeting made Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 3:12 am

Does Brookfield want to seek the advice of an attorney? For those of us not on the small committee, we'd like to be kept informed as events/decisions occur. Thanks. Cheryl Cross
Back to top Go down
jim.scheiner

PostSubject: I spoke with the mayor's aide   Request for small group meeting made Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:38 am

I spoke with Matt Toyer, the mayor's aide, today about the red sticker. See that thread for more information. I also told him that NJ Mentor had requested a meeting. He said, "It's about time." I mentioned the format they requested. I also said that with all the deception, there is no trust. We can not take their word for anything. I feel that anything that gets agreed to must be in the form of a contract between the state and the township. We don't have a civic association incorporated yet and besides, let our neighbors gain from what we have learned. We are a community. That seemed to be something that we could get township support and possibly representation for.

To that end, I propose that we get the small group together on Sunday afternoon to organize our approach. I am working on a meeting place that can accomodate more if we need it, hopefully one of the St. Pius classrooms. I'll post whatever I can arrange under this thread.
Back to top Go down
gornowski

PostSubject: Re: Request for small group meeting made   Request for small group meeting made Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:14 pm

Hi Jim!

Agreed in part.

I would propose we either meet (1) by Cherry Hill American field for no more than 1.5-2 hours, perhaps between 11:30-1:00. If that does not sound feasible, then my (2) front or back yard is open as long as we conclude the bulk of our plan by 1:00 (Eagles game.)

IF, and I say IF, we agree to 'smaller' meetings 'without media', then we will certainly have our own set of "TERMS AND CONDITIONS" laid out prior to such proposed meeting, i.e. hire another court reporter with all of our pro-bono attorney friends that have consulted and helped Cherry Hill Citizens with advice thus far.

I do not think we should exclude ANYONE who wants to attend.

1109 -- The G's
Back to top Go down
sc

PostSubject: Re: Request for small group meeting made   Request for small group meeting made Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 2:29 am

Is it anyway we can have a meeting on Saturday, my husband working on Sunday ( every Sunday and Saturday to be exact), and I will be after night shift on Sunday, but I defenetely want to attend the meeting.
So, if it anyway to change day or time, maybe Sunday evening, around 5:00 pm?
1105, Chehet family.
Back to top Go down
jim.scheiner

PostSubject: Small group planning meeting Sunday, Sept 9th   Request for small group meeting made Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 3:03 am

Sorry for the late notice but I only received approval this morning. With Lanna's request, the small group meeting planning session is set for 5 PM on Sunday, Sept 9th, at St. Pius X Parish Center, 344 Kresson Rd. I chose the parish center because, with meeting rooms, air conditioning and cover fromo rain, it will be easier to get things done. We don't have much time.
Back to top Go down
lindapanara

PostSubject: Small Group Meeting   Request for small group meeting made Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 11:28 am

I was wondering who was chosen to attend this meeting. Also, is the court reporter going to be present? Thanks. Linda Panara
Back to top Go down
gornowski

PostSubject: Re: Request for small group meeting made   Request for small group meeting made Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:09 pm

Hi Linda!

This is only for Cherry Hill residents to get organized and choose our personal speakers for a requested upcoming "smaller group" meeting with NJMentor and possibly other representatives.

MG
Back to top Go down
AndyBehr

PostSubject: Meeting with NJ Mentor   Request for small group meeting made Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 11:36 pm

I would like to volunteer to be part of the group that Meets with NJ Mentor. I will not be home on the 11th but would be on the 14th. I believe that there is still a great deal being done "under the table," and that the Township is being less than honest with us.
Back to top Go down
nbrook123

PostSubject: Re: Request for small group meeting made   Request for small group meeting made Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 11:12 pm

if this meeting has not taken place yet, may i suggest the meeting should take place w/many more family representation then 12. there should be very little that should be agreed upon w/anyone that wants to put this concept into our neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Request for small group meeting made   Request for small group meeting made Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Request for small group meeting made
Page 1 of 1